Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Affordable Eyeglasses from Star Finder Optical

It has taken me probably more than 5 long years to finally say hello to a new pair of eyeglasses and a new box of contact lenses. The shopping part been long overdue considering that old pair of eyeglasses has a lower eye grade compared with my contact lens grade. So last weekend, I finally decided to give my eyes a fresh and fun bff. ^_^


Here in the Philippines, some famous optical shops include EO Executive Optical, Ideal Vision, Sarabia Optical  and Sabater Optical. I have purchased and availed service from all these optical shops in my 18 years of wearing eyeglasses. Being a member of the so called 'four-eyed' club can be really expensive as I have to buy a pair of eyeglasses every time my eye grade increases and there's contact lenses and the regular purchase of eye solution. Most of these optical shops offers lens and frames valued at Php2,500 or more. Heck, I was determined to search for the cheapest pair of eyeglasses in the Philippines, of course without sacrificing comfort. Great thing I was with a fellow 'four eyed friend' at Festival Mall in Alabang and she dragged me to what first seems to be a Korean eyewear shop.


Star Finder Optical Alabang (image from their Facebook page)

There we entered Star Finder Optical. Customers can easily feel the KPop vibe inside the store with all those posters of Korean celebrities wearing trendy eyeglasses, Korean customers and Korean owners. I immediately asked for affordable eyeglass choices and the smiling lady guided me to the right side of the shop, it's where you'll see more customers trying on some eyeglasses. Php2,000 is my benchmark and the lady showed me some really good stylish eyeglasses with frames (no lens) as affordable as Php500!



Made in Korea: my new red eyeglasses from Star Finder Optical

I always wanted to have a pair of red eyeglasses so I started trying on the red pairs only (to make the shopping part faster). The lady showed me how durable this plastic eyewear is and I just love how it fits my face plus it's lightweight, no usual nosepads where green oils form and bends like magic! This is my first time to actually own a plastic framed eyeglasses since all previous eyeglasses are made of metal frames. Within 5 days of using this red gem, I can say I'm a satisfied customer, getting the comfort, style and price from Star Finder Optical. The multi-coated lens and frame totals to only Php1,500. It's definitely the cheapest eyeglasses I purchased, it's a steal! 

I also love the floor layout of the shop, it's homey with a small lounge area for waiting customers. Service was fast too, got the new eyeglasses in just 45 minutes. They accept credit card payments as well. I definitely recommend Star Finder Optical for affordable eyewear.

Interesting info about Star Finder Optical:

FOUNDED: 2007

STAR-FINDER created its own ORIGINAL DESIGN of frames for eyeglasses being manufactured in KOREA, that caters to the taste and suits to the needs of Koreans and Japanese. Thus, we would like to tap the huge population here of these foreigners who are now residing in Metro Manila.

We carry branded eyeglasses and sunglasses which are ONLY AVAILABLE in STAR-FINDER shops. We want to be different from others by not carrying what other optical shops are selling in terms of brand. 

We believe that we can tap not only Koreans and Japanese but Filipinos as well from high end market.

After shopping for eyeglasses, I visited EO Executive Optical next for contact lens shopping. Star Finder Optical has no available contact lens for my eye grade that time.

9 comments:

  1. Anung coating po yung nilagay nila sa eye glasses niyo po? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    How do we get in touch with regarding a marketing proposal for our new eyewear store ?

    Can you please provide me the your email address, name, and phone number.

    Thanks
    Pavan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm also determined to find a new affordable eyeglasses and I'm glad that I land on this page. uhm, ask ko lang po kung saan banda sa Festival mall ung opitical shop na yun? Anung katabi po? and Anung floor po? :)
    I'll be hoping for your respond soon. ^-^ Thank you! & God Bless! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey nice stumbling upon your blog. i myself have had poor eyesight since 5th grade. re this post, have you heard of paterno street in quiapo? they sell cheap lenses and frames

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! The multi-coated lens and frame cost000 Php1,500 right? So multi-coated lens cost 1k.
    I'm just ask if the cost of multi-coated lens is depend on the eye average or the price still the same?

    ReplyDelete
  6. meron po ba nyan sa online?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. Thanks for including our name in your blog. More power to you! Have a nice day!:D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...